THOMAS S. TISDALE
Thomas S. Tisdale has decades of experience supporting a wide range of clients on matters of general litigation and appellate concerns. Mr. Tisdale is a former president of the South Carolina Bar and has also served as the organization’s secretary, treasurer, and circuit vice president. He was also a member of the Bar’s Board of Governors.
His commitment to the law and community organizations are demonstrated by his role within many civic organizations, including the Charleston Lawyers Club, the Supreme Court Commission on Grievances and Discipline, the Supreme Court Commission on Continuing Lawyer Competency, and the South Carolina Law Institute.
Within the lowcountry community, he has served on the Voorhees College Board of Trustees and was elected to the Board of Trustees of the Southern Education Foundation in Atlanta, GA. He also served as president of the South Carolina Historical Society.
He received legal training from University of South Carolina School of Law and received his undergraduate degree from The University of the South, Sewanee.
Alesia Flores is an experienced attorney with over two decades of legal experience. She has represented clients in a broad range of challenging and complex legal matters.
Alesia began her legal career as a prosecutor at the Miami-Dade State Attorney’s Office in Miami, Florida. She is a former Administrative Judge for the City of Charleston Municipal Court in Charleston, South Carolina. She also has prior legal experience as a Criminal Defense Attorney and Immigration Attorney.
She is passionate about social justice issues and rarely passes up an opportunity to raise awareness through community outreach, education, and volunteer work.
She earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of South Carolina. She holds a Master of Arts Degree in Theology from Fuller Theological Seminary, and a Juris Doctor Degree from The University of Tulsa College of Law. Alesia is licensed to practice law in South Carolina and Florida.
Carl A. Steinbrenner
Carl Steinbrenner has provided advice and assistance to businesses on their legal matters for over 40 years. His clients range from small, start-up companies to multi-national corporations.
A frequent visitor to the Lowcountry since he received his law degree from the University of Notre Dame, Carl fell in love with the charm, history and beauty of the region and decided to move to Charleston in 2018.
Carl is a parishioner at the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist and is actively involved with the Gadsden Homeowners Association and Preservation Society of Charleston. He frequently visits the Finger Lakes area of upstate New York where he continues to have many ties, including chairing the Board of Ethics of the Rochester City Council and serving on the executive committees and boards of the Canandaigua Chamber of Commerce and Business Foundation of the Finger Lakes.
Prior to becoming affiliated with the firm, Carl had practiced law for over 20 years at a law firm he established which focused on business law matters. He previously also was corporate counsel in the law departments of Bausch & Lomb Inc. and Owens-Illinois, Inc., both international corporations.
Carl received his J.D. law degree from the University of Notre Dame and B.A undergraduate degree from the University of Illinois at Champaign-Urbana. Carl is also a graduate of Salzburg College in Austria and the Goethe Institute in Germany. He is a licensed attorney in four states.
Those who are familiar with Carl know he is an ardent Notre Dame football and Buffalo Sabres hockey fan and enjoys travel as well as watching World Cup soccer every four years.
Carl specializes in business, intellectual property, and real estate law.
- Corporate Law Matters: Forming business legal entities, structuring partnership, investor, and management relationships, obtaining financing and raising capital, and business succession or sale planning and arrangements.
- Commercial Law Matters: Negotiation, counseling, structuring, and preparation of agreements for transactions involving the purchase and sale of goods and services and assisting with supplier issues and collection matters.
- Intellectual Property Law Matters: Securing and protecting trademarks and copyrights and dealing with patent law unfair competition, trade secrets, and confidentiality and non-disclosure issues.
- International Business Law Matters: Business transactions involving non-U.S. companies, foreign law, or international trade.
- Employment Law: Employment issues and agreements; discrimination claims, and noncompetition, confidentiality, and termination agreements with employees.
- Real Estate Law: Purchase, sale, financing, and leasing of commercial property.
- General Business Claims: Resolution of claims and lawsuits brought by other businesses or third parties.
Paralegal & Office Administrator
Sarah’s accomplishments span more than 15 years in all areas of a law firm and office administration. She is well-versed in the areas of civil and probate litigation, along with personal injury, medical malpractice and insurance law.
She has lived most of her life in the Washington DC metro area and relocated to Charleston, South Carolina in 2017. Sarah graduated from the Institute of Business in Fort Collins, Colorado with an Associates Degree in Paralegal Studies.